This derby is responsible for many records across all derby matches, largely due to
it being contested so many times:
* The longest unbeaten derby game run in all matches is 14, held by Everton, this
was between the 1941/42 and 1951/52 seasons.
* The longest unbeaten derby game run in home matches is held by Liverpool when
Everton failed to beat them in the League for 14 games between the 1970/71 and 1984/85
* The longest unbeaten derby game run in away matches is held by Everton with a 16
match run at Anfield between 1899 and 1920 which included 10 victories.
* The longest unbroken winning run at home belongs to Liverpool with 5 between
1932/33 and 1936/37.
* The longest unbroken winning run away from home belongs to Everton who scored 7
consecutive victories at Anfield between 1908/09 and 1914/15.
* Recent games have been marred by sendings off, and the fixture has seen 17 red
cards in the Premiership, the highest tally for any fixture.
The following are records just for the Merseyside derby match itself:
* The record home victory in a league match is 6-0 recorded by Liverpool at Anfield
in the 1935/36 season.
* The record away victory in a league match is 5-0 recorded by both Everton at
Anfield in the 1914/15 season and by Liverpool at Goodison Park in the 1982/83 season.
* The highest scoring match was in 1932/33 when Liverpool won 7-4 at Anfield
* Neville Southall of Everton holds the record for most derby match appearances.
* Ian Rush of Liverpool holds the mark for the most derby goals with 25, overtaking
Dixie Dean of Everton's long-standing record when he scored two goals in Liverpool's 3-2
win over Everton in the second all-Merseyside F.A. Cup Final in 1989.
* William C. Cuff of Everton holds the record for the most wins as a manager with
16 wins over Liverpool from 1901-1918.
* Tom Watson of Liverpool holds the record for the most losses as a manager with 21
defeats to Everton from 1896-1915.
* Record Attendance: 78,299 at Goodison Park, 18 September 1948 (Old Division One)
* Lowest Attendance: 18,000 at Anfield, 19 January 1901 (Old Division One)
official derby games
All friendly derby games
time goal scorers
Top 10 attendances
Decade average attendances
Switching sides - "Crossing the Park"
Scored for both sides in a derby